Tips for editors for creating pages on your church's site.
Churches often create custom pages for weddings and funerals, safeguarding, or social action projects as examples. But don’t try to create a page for everything as it could be overwhelming for visitors.
Visitors to your site could be regular church attenders or those who have never been to church before. Words which are common in Christian communities may not be easily understood by everyone.
Try to use simple language, and use explanations where necessary, so that all visitors on your site feel welcome and included.
Use short paragraphs and sentences to improve readability on your site.
Headlines will draw the eye down the page helping visitors to find what they need and take in the information.
Bold, italic and underline
Use the text format menu to highlight text in bold, italics or underline.
- Highlight the text with your cursor to open the text format menu
- Select bold, italics or underline from the menu.
- When selected the format will only apply to the highlighted text.
Rather than pasting a link into the text on a page, which can look untidy, add in hyperlinks.
Hyperlinks are links attached to text on a page so that visitors can click on to the text to open the link.
Links could go to other pages on your site for quick navigation, or to other sites such as your online giving provider or a charity you are supporting, for example.
How to add a hyperlink
First, copy the link of the web page you wish to link to:
- Go to the web page you wish to add as a hyperlink.
- In the browser search bar copy the web page address which starts with https://
Next, use the text format menu to add a hyperlink.
- In a text box on ACNY, highlight a section of text with your cursor to open the text format menu
- Select #
- Paste the web page address into the box.
- Click on the tick to confirm.
- The text with the hyperlink will now be underlined showing there is a link.
- Click save at the bottom of the page.
Add a video