For many churches, AChurchNearYou.com offers everything they need, for zero cost, making it the best choice of website for them. Find out about the benefits.
Some churches with staff and a budget to run a separate website, prefer to do so with other website providers, rather than using AChurchNearYou.com as their main website. These churches can add just their basic information on AChurchNearYou.com, including providing a contact email address and a link to their main website.
If you choose to run your AChurchNearYou.com entry alongside a separate website you have, here's what we recommend you do on AChurchNearYou.com:
1. Get set up as an editor for your church, and ask one other person in your church to become an editor too, so your church always has access even if you are on holiday or off sick. Show me how.
2. Ensure you have your contact email address filled in on the 'Get in touch' page so that when members of the public send messages to your church through the site they come straight to the email address of your choice. Show me how.
3. Make sure you have added a link to your other website, on the 'Get in touch' page - a button linking to your main website will then display there and on your AChurchNearYou.com homepage. Show me how.
4. Check all the basic information about your church and your regular services is up to date and add anything that is missing. Show me how to update my homepage. Show me how to add a service or event.
5. Then, if possible, we recommend logging in at least twice a year, in October and February, to list your Easter and Christmas events on AChurchNearYou.com. This is to make sure you don't miss out on getting noticed by the boosted visitor numbers that come to find a church on AChurchNearYou.com at these times of year. Show me how.
We are working on further improving the flexibility of AChurchNearYou.com so that more churches can use it as their main church website, completely for free. See what's coming soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
I already have a website that works for me. Why should I use AChurchNearYou.com?
AChurchNearYou.com has over 77 million page views a year. By adding your website address and preferred contact email address to your listing on AChurchNearYou.com you can benefit from this traffic. You will find that many people use AChurchNearYou.com to make enquiries about weddings, baptisms and funerals. By adding an email address to your listing, you can now get their messages straight into your inbox, with no need to log in to AChurchNearYou.com like you had to in the past. We can even add the website address and email address to your AChurchNearYou.com listing for you if you don’t want to do it yourself.
Beyond keeping your basic church contact details up to date, how much or how little you use AChurchNearYou.com is up to you.
If possible, we recommend logging in at least twice a year, in October and February, to list your Easter and Christmas events on AChurchNearYou.com. This is to make sure you don't miss out on getting noticed by the boosted visitor numbers that come to find a church on AChurchNearYou.com at these times of year.
I don’t want some of the features on my listing, can I turn them off?
Some features are optional but you can’t switch off everything, for example you can’t switch off news and notices pages. We know some editors want to see an option to ‘switch off’ more functions on AChurchNearYou.com for situations where you are just using AChurchNearYou.com as a short listing because their main website is separate, so we are looking at developing this.
Can I get my church removed?
We can't remove churches completely from the site. There are a handful of churches who can’t take enquiries by email or can’t take enquiries at all, if that is the case for you please let us know, and if you tell us a more suitable contact in the area for weddings, funeral and baptism enquiries we can signpost people there.
If part of your reluctance to use the site is that you have had trouble becoming an editor in the past, please contact us and we will approve you quickly or add contact details to your listing for you if you don’t want to become an editor.