Guidance on editing your account details, forgotten passwords, removing church editor access for yourself or deleting your accounts, and what to do when you are moving to a new church.
How can I edit my email or password?
- Go to AChurchNearyou.com and click editor login on the top menu and log in
- Click on Account in the top menu
- Use the form to change the name or email address associated with the account
- To change your password, click on Change your password in the editor menu.
I have forgotten my password
- Go to editor login. If you are logged in you will need to log out first
- Click on forgot password
- Enter the email address associated with the account
- Click reset password
- An email will be sent to this address with a link to reset the password.
If you have not received the email please check your email spam folder.
Contact the editor help centre for further support.
How can I remove myself from being a church editor?
If you are moving churches or no longer helping to edit the church’s pages on AChurchNearYou.com you can be removed as a church editor.
If you are the Administrator you can remove your own access:
- Click on My Churches and Benefices and select the church you wish to remove
- In the left hand menu click on Manage Editors
- In the list of editors, click on the X beside your name
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
If you are not the Administrator and want to be removed as an editor
Please contact the Administrator of your church’s pages and ask them to remove your access following the instructions above.
Usually the Administrator is the vicar who leads the church (the incumbent).
If you do not have a vicar or Administrator and want to be removed as an editor
Please contact the helpdesk for support.
What should I do if I am moving to another church?
If you are moving from one church to another you can be removed from the previous church and request to become an editor of the new church.
- Follow the instructions above under ‘How do I remove myself as a church editor’
- Request to edit a new church, following the relevant instructions below.
- You will not need to create a new account if you still have access to the email address associated with the AChurchNearYou.com account.
How to request to become an editor of a church's site
- I am the vicar and want to be Administrator of a church’s page.
- I want to be a church editor and I am NOT the vicar
How can I delete my account?
Please contact the Editor Help Centre if you would like to delete your account.