Each church's site on A Church Near You includes a 'Get in touch' form. Members of the public use this to contact the church.
We email messages sent through the contact form to the email address listed for the church. The messages will also appear in the church’s A Church Near You inbox.
Who can access the inbox?
Editors with an Editor role can read inbox messages. Those with a Publisher or Champion role cannot access the inbox.
How to access the inbox
- Log in to A Church Near You
- Open the editor menu for your church. One way to do this is to hover over Churches and Benefices in the top menu, and then click on the name of the church.
- From the editor menu, click on Inbox.
Current messages are shown in bold on the inbox tab and you can see the date, time and email address of the sender.
How to open and reply to messages
- To open a message, click on the name of the sender or the subject of the message.
- Once open, click on email sender to open your default email application to reply. If your email does not open, copy and paste the sender’s email address into your email application.
- Click on mark as done and archive when you have responded to the message.
When a message has been opened, it is greyed out in the inbox tab.
There are two ways to archive a message.
- You can open a message and click mark as done and archive.
- Or, on the inbox tab, tick the circle next to the message so that a tick appears in the circle, and then refresh the page.
To see inbox messages that have been archived, click on the archive tab.
Can I delete inbox messages?
No, you can’t delete messages yourself, only archive them.
We automatically delete messages 60 days after they are received, whether they are in the inbox or the archive.
Accessing the inbox on your smartphone
You can also access the Inbox by logging into A Church Near You on your smartphone.
Once logged in to your church page you will see a dashboard with the inbox in the top left-hand corner. If you click on this, you can then access the Inbox.
If you click on a message you can read it, and then you are given two options: ‘Mark as done and archive’ or ‘Email Sender’.
If you mark the email as done it will be removed from the inbox and moved to the Archive. You can’t delete messages on ACNY. If you click ‘email sender’ you will be able to email the sender using your smartphones own email application.