Each church's site on A Church Near You includes a 'Get in touch' form, through which members of the public can contact the church.
Two things happen when a message is sent:
- The message appears in the church's A Church Near You inbox
- An email is sent to the email address listed for the church, to say that there is a new message to review.
The email address you list for your church is not visible to the public.
The email address can be the email address of an existing editor but it doesn’t have to be. You can use whatever email address you usually give for church enquiries. Some churches use a general email address like firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enter an email address of someone who is not an editor, that person will not be able to access the inbox on A Church Near You, but will receive a copy of any received messages directly to their email address.
Messages in the inbox are automatically deleted after 60 days.
To update the contact email address
- Log in to A Church Near You
- Open the editor menu for your church. One way to to this is to hover over Churches and Benefices in the top menu, and then click on the name of the church.
- From the editor menu, click on Get in touch.
- Scroll down to email address and enter an email address into the box. If you are entering an email that is not your own, please ask permission first.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
When no email address is present, the notification is sent to the editor help centre who contact the parish. This takes time and may mean that enquiries from the public go unanswered.
Can I get the message sent to more than one email address?
You can only specify one email address for messages to be sent to.