Custom pages on A Church Near You (ACNY) allow you to add more details of the life and community at your church. Video can be embedded on the page so that visitors can watch your video on the site.
How create a custom page with a video
- Click on churches and benefices in the top menu, and then click on the cog beside the church you want to edit.
- Click on Add a page in the editor menu.
- Add a page title which will display in the visitor menu and page. Short titles display best in the visitor menu.
- In page content add the written content of the page. Use paragraphs, and format the text by highlighting sections to open the text format menu.
- Upload a cover image to display at the top of the page in visitor view.
- Scroll down to video URL and paste a URL from either the YouTube or Vimeo video into this box. Alternatively, add a URL from a YouTube playlist, in this case the first video in the YouTube playlist will show. If you change what the first video on your playlist is on YouTube, the video showing on A Church Near You will automatically update.
- Click on save at the bottom of the form
- When you save the page, the video will automatically embed onto the page.
- Share a link to this page in your newsletter or online groups so that your community can watch.
Where do I find the link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo?
When a video is uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo the platform creates a link so that the video can be shared or embedded on web pages.
- Go to YouTube or Vimeo and find the video you wish to embed.
- Click on share found directly under the video
- Copy the link which starts with https://
- Paste this link into Video URL on the custom page on ACNY following the guide above.
Example of a YouTube video share link: