Keep your community informed, welcome new visitors and answer enquiries about weddings, christenings and funerals all through your free site on ACNY.
You can use it as a free church website by making use of all the features on offer.
Why use ACNY as your main church website?
- It’s free! No developer or admin fees
- Mobile friendly – Google search prioritises web pages which are mobile friendly.
- Visible on search – Your site will often appear on the first page of search engine results.
- It’s secure – Forgot your password? We are here to help.
- Free support – The help articles on the editor help centre are available 24/7 and you can contact us Monday to Friday
We regularly run webinars about using A Church Near You as your main church website, this is a great way to see more about what it can do.
How to use ACNY as your main church website
To get started, try these steps:
- Edit your homepage, adding a welcome message, photo and current news and events.
- List your regular and one-off services and events in the events calendar.
- Create custom pages to reflect important aspects of church life.
- Add contact details to the get in touch page, including an email address for inbox messages. The email address won’t be visible to the public, but will receive a notification when a member of the public sends a message through ACNY.
- Tell people how to find you on the Find us page. Bus routes, parking information and the numbers for local taxi firms will help new visitors feel welcome.
- Add information about your facilities such as building accessibility, groups, and community projects, to help local people find your church.
Once you have these details in place, visit the Marketplace to find out about other features you can add, such as the online donations feature and the Life Events Diary which makes it quick and easy to manage enquiries about funerals, weddings and baptisms/christenings.