You can see how many times visitors have viewed your site pages on ACNY. If you have set up an online donations button, you can also see how many times this has been clicked.
These analytics can give you an idea of how helpful your site on ACNY is to visitors, or how successful local advertising has been.
For example: A church promoting a special event on social media with a link to A Church Near You to find out more, would hope to see a greater number of views that month to show how successful the promotion has been in getting visitors to the site.
How to view site analytics
- Click on churches and benefices in the top menu, and then click on the cog beside the church you want to view.
- At the bottom of the editor menu, see an overview of site analytics for this week, this month and this year.
- For more detail, in the editor menu, click on analytics to view:
- Page views: The views in the past week, month and year – this means page views in the past 7, 30 and 365 days.
- Online donations: Number of times the donation button has been clicked (if you have added a donation button).
More information about page views
This is the total number of page views across all your church's pages on A Church Near You, in the stated time period.
A page view is counted when someone looks at one of your pages.
Remember, a visitor may visit more than one of your pages on a single visit. We count each page view, not each visitor.
We get this information from the website servers. With this method, visits even by people who opt out of cookies can be (anonymously) counted, which improves accuracy compared to Google Analytics.
However, this method cannot tell you how many people have viewed your site.
If you prefer, you can use Google Analytics instead. This will only count people who have opted into cookies, but you can get a wider range of figures, including total number of visitors and whether they were new or returning.
How to connect to Google Analytics
Follow Google’s instructions for how to set up Google Analytics. At the end of the process, it will give you a ‘tracking code’ to put into your site.
Put the tracking code into your ACNY site like this:
- Go to churches and benefices and click on the cog beside the church you want to view.
- In the editor menu, click on analytics and then select the tab marked ‘Google Analytics’
- Paste your tracking code in the box and click
More information about donation button clicks
The donation analytics tab only shows if you have set up online donations. It shows the number of times the donation button on the homepage of the church’s site has been clicked during its lifetime.
If you connected to Give a Little when you set up online donations, you will also be able to see additional information about the amount donated.