The method for editing benefice homepages is similar to how you edit church homepages. However, please be aware that the content blocks and options available are substantially different. Also, at the moment you can't do everything on benefice homepages that you can on church homepages.
Visitors can find your benefice homepage when you give them the address or by clicking from your church site (if you choose to enable benefice buttons to appear on your church sites - how to do this is shown below).
- Open your benefice in editor view, so you can see the editor menu. Show me how.
- Click on homepage, names and logos in the editor menu. All the fields in this section are optional.
- In the 'friendly name of your benefice' field you can overwrite the preset name of your benefice, if you wish. Click into the field and type.
- Add as many contact details for your benefice as you wish. Click into each field and type to edit. You have the choice to add email, phone, website (if you have a separate website) and social media accounts.
- In the 'Replace Benefice with...' field you can type in a different word you would like us to display to the public where our current page designs show 'benefice'. In the 'Replace churches with...' field you can also swap out where we show the word 'churches' to the public.
- Logo: If you have a benefice logo, upload it here.
- Cover image: Upload a photo to display at the top of the homepage. Image size information here.
- Description: Write a welcome message in the page content box. Format the text in bold, underline, italics or to add a hyperlink, use the cursor to highlight the text and open the text format menu. From the text format menu, select the chosen formatting to apply it to the selected text.
- You then see two check boxes that control whether or not you want to link to your benefice from your church sites.
- Check 'Display benefice block on church pages' if you want a benefice button on your church homepages. This will look something like this on your church sites:
- Check the 'Display benefice link on church navigation bar' if you want a benefice button on your church menus.
- Safeguarding: include a short statement about safeguarding. There is a suggested paragraph approved by the National Safeguarding Team in the text above the page content box. If you wish to use this, copy and paste the text into the page content box. If you want your safeguarding box to include a button, where it says 'safeguarding link' you should paste in the link the button should point to, and where it says 'safeguarding link text', write or paste in text you want to appear on the button.
Other elements that appear on the Benefice homepage that you cannot edit are:
- Benefice map block
- What's on blocks: The homepage will show the next three events (in calendar order) that are listed in your services and events section. Above the first one it will say 'What's on' with a 'View all' button. At the moment it is not possible to override what events these are, it's always just the next three.
To make a suggestion for a feature or option you'd like to see, visit cofe.io/SuggestionsACNY.