- Log into A Church Near You.
- Open your church in editor view.
To open your church in editor view, hover your mouse over Churches and Benefices in the top menu (don't click it), then click the name of the church you would like to add an event to. This will open up the services and events section of the editor menu for that church.
Make sure you click the name of the church, not the eye symbol next to it - that's for public view.
Alternatively, the other way to get into editor view, if you prefer, is to click on Churches and Benefices and then click the cog next to the name of your church. Then select Services and Events on the editor menu.
3. Then click the add new button on the right-hand side.
4. Enter the details of your service, including the name, start and finish date and time and a brief description of what will happen during the service.
5. Click on change tags and tick all the tags that apply to your service or event. These could include Holy Week, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter and Easter Day. Click save when complete to close the tag window and return to edit the service.
6. Ensure all the fields are completed, and click save at the bottom of the page. Please note, your event will not save unless you have included a description and start and finish date and time.
Full list of tags for Lent and Easter:
Hot Cross Buns
Stations of the Cross