Please note that only the incumbent can be the Administrator of a church page. Administrators can approve or deny pending requests for Editors and Publishers.
The process is simple:
As the Administrator you will receive an email informing you of a pending request.
When you receive this, log in to A Church Near You and click on the church in ‘My Churches And Benefices’ that the request relates to.
Click on the ‘Manage Editors’ tab to see pending requests and existing editors. Click on the pending box (with the arrow pointing down) and authorise the request. You can also remove the request or change their status. The following screenshot shows what the ‘Manage Editors’ section looks like:
- If you log in and are unable to approve requests, you are probably an Editor or Publisher and not an Administrator - Editors and Publishers are not able to approve requests.
- Clergy sometimes find that they are not automatically approved as Administrators, which is usually down to the email address provided not matching their entry on Crockford. If you are the incumbent of the parish and not approved as an Administrator, please check your entry on Crockford to make sure the email address listed matches the one on A Church Near You. If it’s not, please update accordingly. If then you are not automatically authorised you will need to contact us for manual approval (see below). You will also need manual approval if you have chosen to not publish your email address on Crockford; we will need authorisation in writing from your Area Dean to become an Administrator of your church(es). See below on how to contact us to arrange this.
- If the church is in Vacancy, we can advise on how we can manually approve you so you can get access to your A Church Near You Page (see below).
Manual Approval on A Church Near You
Please contact the Editor Support Centre with the following information for manual approval.
- The reason you're requesting manual approval.
- Your position within the church.
- The email address used for your AChurchNearYou account.
- Your permission for us to disclose your details to your Area/Rural Dean, Archdeacon, and/or Diocesan staff in order to gain approval.
- The church number of the church(es) for which you require manual approval. This is in the address in the web browser. For instance, the church number for St Alkmund's is 13370: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/13370/
If you need step-by-step guidance for approval of editor requests then please click here.