Each church can have up to five people in an editor role. This includes one Administrator.
Each person should register for their own individual account from which they can request to edit any number of churches.
The Administrator is the only one who can approve others’ requests for access. The Administrator role can only be given to the vicar who leads the church (the incumbent).
- If you are the incumbent of the church, please follow our guide to becoming an Administrator.
- Find out more about the different editor roles on ACNY.
How to become a church editor
Step one: Register
If you already have an account on ACNY, move on to step two.
- Go to A Church Near You
- Click on the editor login button in the top menu and click on the link to register a new account.
- Fill in the form and click register
- An email will be sent to you containing a link. Click the link to confirm you own the email address.
Step two: Request to edit the church
- Go to A Church Near You
- Click editor login found in the top menu
- Enter your account details created in step one and click login
- Click Churches and Benefices on the top menu
- Search for the church in the Postcode or place box
- Click on the name of the church and then visit page
- Click edit this church in the public menu
- Fill in the form to write a message to your administrator and notify them of your request to edit.
Step three: The Administrator approves your request
When you request to edit a church, an email is sent to the church’s Administrator. The email tells them to log into their account on ACNY to approve your request and assign you an editor role.
Once you are approved, the church will be listed under churches and benefices in the top menu when logged into your account.
Churches in vacancy
If your church is in vacancy, you may not have an Administrator to approve you. Please go ahead and register and request to edit the church following the instructions above, then contact us so we can help get you approved.
Notification not received by the administrator
If your vicar has not received an email about your request to edit the church, they should still be able to log in and approve you, provided they are an Administrator, following these instructions.
Administrator unable to approve your request
If your vicar can log in to ACNY but cannot approve you, ask them to contact us as they may not have been given Administrator permissions, please contact the editor help centre.
We regularly run A Church Near You webinars, they’re a quick and popular way to learn how to edit your church’s pages.