There are three stages to this process:
- Register for an Editor account
- Log in to your account
- Request access to edit the church
All users of a church need to have an editor account on A Church Near You. To set up an account you need to find the church you want to edit, then click the “Edit this church” tab on that page. You will then have a form to fill out, name, address, email and Password. (If you are an Incumbent of a church please make sure the email used matches your Crockford entry so the system can automatically approve you).
Once you have done this you will receive a link via email to confirm your registration. Click on this link and then you will be taken to the log in page, which you need to log in to. Go to the church that you want to edit, click “Edit this church” and a ‘Claim this Page’ window will be displayed. You can write a short message to the Administrator to request access, then click ‘Request Access’. Once this is approved you will be able to edit this page.
If you're the vicar who leads the church, and you've fulfilled the automatic approval criteria, then you'll see a message which tells you that your details have matched with your Crockford's entry and there will be a button which you'll need to click which says ‘Claim this church’. If you're not the vicar who leads this church, or you haven't fulfilled the criteria for automatic approval, then you'll see a message box into which you'll need to enter a short message to your vicar and click the button which says ‘Request Access’.
If for any reason you are unable to get the access you require to your A Church Near You page(s) we will need to Manually Approve you.
Manual Approval on A Church Near You
Please contact the Editor Support Centre and we will be able to assist you further including the following information:
- The reason you're requesting Manual Approval.
- Your position within the church.
- The email address you registered for your AChurchNearYou account.
- Your permission for us to disclose your details to your Area/Rural Dean, Archdeacon, and/or Diocesan staff in order to gain approval.
- The AChurchNearYou ID of the church(es) for which you require Manual Approval. This is in the address in the web browser: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/13370/
The church number for St Alkmund's is 13370:
If you would like detailed step-by-step guidance on setting up your editor account and accessing your church page(s) then please click here.