When you are viewing the More Information section as a member of the public (you can try this by using an Incognito or Private browsing window or by simply logging out from AChurchNearYou.com) it shows only the vicar's name and title, no contact details are displayed.
The Advanced section is not visible to the public (you can try this for yourself by using an Incognito or Private browsing window or by simply logging out from AChurchNearYou.com)
Where the information comes from:
The information under the Crockford's contact details section of the More Information tab on AChurchNearYou.com is provided by Crockford's. AChurchNearYou displays the name of the vicar (if they have not restricted their contact information) from the entry for that church’s Crockford’s entry.
If a vicar has restricted their contact details/their email address on their Crockford's entry they will not appear in the More Information section of AChurchNearYou and will not be able to be automatically verified as an administrator of their church on AChurchNearYou. See number 3 and 4 below.
Neither an editor/administrator of a church, nor the AChurchNearYou Technical Support/Project Team can make changes to the Crockford's information displayed on AChurchNearYou from within AChurchNearYou, as this information comes straight from Crockford's. Requests for changes to the information from Crockford's displayed on AChurchNearYou should be directed to the Crockford's Team. You'll find the appropriate scenario below for guidance:
What to do if you notice errors or need to make updates:
Sometimes, information doesn't appear on AChurchNearYou as a church would expect, therefore we have created the follow resource list:
- If your church is part of a Team Ministry and the names of vicars not directly associated with your church, but are part of the Team Ministry, are appearing on your church's More Information Tab, please click here.
- If your church is in vacancy and displaying the details of a previous incumbent please click here
- If the vicar's name is spelt incorrectly or the vicar's name needs updating, their title is incorrect, their role has changed (they are now/no longer associated with a particular church/benefice/team ministry), their contact details are incorrect, or they wish to unrestrict their email address/contact details so they they appear on the More Information tab and can be automatically approved by, and be gain administrator status on, AChurchNearYou please click here.
- If you have a new vicar but their details aren't yet appearing on the More Information tab, it's possible that their Crockford's entry hasn't been updated yet, to update it please click here. However, it's also possible that they've requested to restrict their details; if a vicar has restricted their contact details/their email address on their Crockford's entry they will not appear in the More Information section of AChurchNearYou (and they will not be able to be automatically verified as an administrator of their church on AChurchNearYou). They'll need request that their details be unrestricted, to do this they'll need to update their Crockford's entry: click here.
- If you have a new vicar but the details of your previous vicar are still showing:
- Is your previous vicar still within the same Team Ministry? If so, please follow the Team Ministry route above, see 1.
- It's possible that your vicar has restricted their email address/contact details in which case they will not appear on the list as the information isn't imported from Crockford's if the vicar has opted for restriction. To unrestrict follow the route 3 above.
- If your new vicar has been in post less than a a couple of months then the data is unlikely to have been fed across to AChurchNearYou from Crockford's yet. Once Crockford's have received the updated data from your diocese and they've updated the relevant Crockford's entry, it can take up to one month for the update to appear on AChurchNearYou; the data is not passed live from one to the other, rather batch updates are made on a regular basis.
- If you believe there has been an oversight or mistake and you need to update your details on Crockford's please follow number 3 above.
Known issue: Clergy names are appearing multiple times on More Information tab
We are aware of an issue whereby some clergy are appearing twice in the More Information section of churches on AChurchNearYou.com, although only being listed once on the church's Crockford's entry. Our development team are working to resolve this.