If you've searched the Help Centre, and you've been unable to find an answer to your question, the answer provided hasn't resolved the issue, or an article/ticket has directed you here in order for the Support Team to assist either:
- If you're logged into AChurchNearYou.com as an editor, just click the purple Help button found on every page of AChurchNearYou.com and then click Contact Us
- If you're not logged into AChurchNearYou.com as an editor, or you're viewing this article from within the Editor Help Centre itself, click Submit a request in the top right of the Help Centre.
We always want to be able to assist editors who contact us, however, we can assist you faster if you can supply us with key information when you contact us. Key to being able to offer support includes us knowing:
- Firstly, if your question relates to a church(es)'s profile we need to know which church(es) we're discussing. With over 16,500 church on AChurchNearYou.com it's the church(es)'s AChurchNearYou.com URL of the church which will really help us. You'll find this URL by going to the AChurchNearYou.com church page in question and looking in the browser address bar where you'll see: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/ followed by up to six numbers, those numbers are the unique to your church. For instance the URL for St Alkmund's in Duffield is: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/13370/
- What device you're using (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone). For editing AChurchNearYou.com we'd recommend you use a Desktop, Laptop, or Tablet.
- Next it's really useful if we know a little about how you're viewing the site; your browser version, your operating system, your resolution and window size, etc. Simply visit: https://whatsmybrowser.org, click the big COPY button, and paste the link as a reply to this email. That link will provide us with everything we need. (Or scroll down the WhatsMyBrowser page where you'll find all the information we need)
- Finally, please walk us through your journey through the site, what did you click, type, tap, and let us know any issues or error messages you encountered along the way? The more information you can provide, the more likely it is we can help.